'Tis the season for feasting (the typical guy chows down a whopping 3,000 calories at Thanksgiving dinner), drinking, and revelry. It's no wonder that most men enter the new year with low energy and low confidence. This holiday season, give your health — and your appearance — the gift of a full-body detox. These three simple health hacks will detox your daily routine from head to toe, boosting your confidence so you can step into 2021 with more swag in your step.
Step 1: Get Hydrated Inside and Out
An estimated four out of 10 guys don't drink enough water, which is critical because drinking enough fluids:
- Flushes toxins out of your system (essential if you indulged in a few too many brewskies at the office Christmas party)
- Boosts your athletic performance, including your strength and endurance
- Helps to tame snack cravings so you can better manage your diet
- Drink at least eight glasses of fluids a day.
- Enjoy herbal teas, such as green tea, which contain antioxidants that help fight the signs of aging in your skin.
- Add natural herbal remedies, such as lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or ginger root to further support your natural detoxification process.
As you nourish your skin and hair from the inside out, don't forget to also look for hydrating skincare and haircare. The right moisturizers and beard oils can instantly refresh your appearance, even if you forgot to hit your daily water quota.
Step 2: Run From Toxins (Literally)
Nearly half of American guys say they abandon their regular exercise regimen during the holidays. Don't miss out on the many benefits of hitting the gym:
- It boosts your energy
- It improves your confidence (even your confidence in the bedroom)
- It helps you to manage that dreaded holiday weight gain
- It raises your testosterone levels
Make running and cardiovascular exercises a daily habit, and aim to do resistance training (e.g. lifting weights) at least three days a week.
As you sweat, you're also purging toxins out of your pores and flushing metabolic waste out of your system.
Help your body with this process by applying a regular exfoliating skincare treatment to clear your pores, slough off dead skin cells, and revitalize your skin's health. Soon, you'll be looking and feeling as good on the outside as you do on the inside!
Step 3: Do a Fashion Cleanse
Many men tend to hide behind a messy look, poor grooming or sloppy fashion when they're not feeling as youthful, as sharp, or as fit as they want.
As you up your hydration game, clean up your diet and rebuild your physical fitness, do a fashion detox:
- Get a fresh shave and a clean haircut (don't forget to tackle problem spots, like ingrown hairs, that may make you feel embarrassed or not confident).
- Spruce up your wardrobe, getting rid of old or stained clothes and making sure all of your basics — from your pants to your shirts — fit and aren't too baggy or too tight.
- Toss out old, chemical-laden skincare and haircare products (most stuff on the market contain toxins that don't do you any favors) and invest in a premium, advanced skincare line like HIMistry Naturals.
Improving the health of your skin and hair is about more than just detoxing your routine. It's all about equipping yourself with knowledgeable, expert skincare advice. Whether you need a quick refresh before a holiday party or are looking for a skincare or haircare routine for the new year, contact HIMistry Naturals today to learn more about skincare specifically for men.