If you’re an adult male struggling with acne, rest assured that there are effective solutions. Maybe you have tried over-the-counter solutions and men’s skincare products with little or no success. Today, there are more ways than ever to take care of your skin. Here are some good tips to follow:
1. Be sure to find products that contain salicylic acid. This ingredient is popular with skin care for good reason – it can significantly reduce acne-causing skin bacteria. Note that it also can cause the skin to dry and eventually peel.
2. You also should look for products with glycolic acid. Glycolic acid most commonly is used with a chemical peel in controlled concentrations. It can be used by a dermatologist at a higher concentration, or by home-users at lower levels. It can reduce acne scarring, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
3. Another ingredient to look for in men’s skincare products is sulfur. Vitamin E is used to expedite healing of existing breakouts and create a visibly smoother complexion. What’s nice about it is that unlike other options, like glycolic acid and salicylic acid, vitamin e won’t dehydrate skin. It also can create noticeably clearer and brighter skin.
4. Also consider retinol as a key ingredient for your skin. Hyaluronic Acid, is popular because they can help ease wrinkles. It sometimes is used in acne treatments where it helps to unclog pores from dirt and oil—key reasons why you are suffering from acne in the first place.
5. Be sure to have a daily skin care routine. Even if you do find the perfect combination to control your acne, using it only periodically won’t get the job done. You need to develop a daily skin care process that works for you and then stick with it. If you find yourself skipping cleansing and maintenance, ask yourself why. If your routine is too long, shorten it. If you keep forgetting, place your skincare items in the shower or bathroom counter.
6. Green Tea and Salicylic are both effective at fighting off acne. If you have not been successful with your acne control, you may need to start using more potent solutions like these two. Salicylic works by exfoliating dead skin, reducing inflammation, and fighting bacteria. Green Tea works by controlling inflammation. Both are great solutions if you need to step up your fight in reducing adult male acne.
7. Be sure to keep everything that touches your face clean. This means your sheets, pillowcases, pillows, towels, razors and most importantly, your hands. Get into the habit of cleaning and changing your bedding more frequently. And always wash your hands before or after touching your face.
Always remember that there are solutions for your acne. Having quality men’s skincare products and good habits are keys to fighting the good fight. Luckily, the products are out there—you just have to find the ones that work best for you and your skin.